Thursday, February 25, 2010

Old Time Kopitiam

My maternal grandpa owned a Hanainese Kopitiam. Started since my mom was a 'lil kid. After he passed away, my uncle took over his business.

This half century Hainanese Kopitiam is running by my third uncle and two of my aunts.

It is situated in a small town Lukut. Just the opposite of row old shop of Lukut police station. Next to the Malay cementary place. It is very easy to find, from the main road and you'll be able to see our Kopitiam. This is not a Kopitiam like Old Town or Papa Rich.. In fact it is just an extremely simple and old Kopitiam. But we have many customers. Beside local customers, we have many customers from JB to KL! Among the famous is Char Siew Pau, 肉pau (pork), 糯米鸡, Kaya toast (our kaya toast with carcoal, very original and taste superb!). Oh ya, our Kopitiam was interviewed by some Chinese reporter too. :D

My aunt's everyday routine. Making pau. First come first serve. Our pau selling like a hot cake!
This is the red bean paste. For red bean pau.
My mom and another aunt.
Me & mom
Everything in this Kopitiam is homemade. This butter cake is mad rich in butter! I love it! It is good to eat it hot or freshly bake.
Yummy yummy!! Mad ♥
I simply took this picture behind of our Kopitiam. Haha!!

Just in case, you would like to visit this Kopitiam when you're in Port Dickson or Lukut, you may contact my uncle at +6012 2647743.

Ciao! ;)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails