Monday, September 27, 2010

iPhone 4 - DIGI's Carnival At Quill 9, Petaling Jaya

DIGI has thrown an iphone 4 carnival at Quill 9, Section 14, Petaling Jaya last weekend. The day before, I was too excited as I have been waiting for the iphone for so long.
It started 10am till night on Saturday and Sunday. We reached Quill 9 at 10.30am. Many people already thronged into the mall! It was indescribable crowded!

Car park was free both inside and outside the building. It was my first time been to Quill 9 although I am staying so nearby to the area. It was kinda weird when I first encountered that DIGI a telecommunication company having a carnival inside an automobile centre. Haha!




I was extremely upset and disappointed when the promoter told me that all numbers has finished for 1st batch (morning) as there was 2nd batches open for public. And advised me to go to the nearest DIGI centre in SS2 or else wait for the 2nd batch by 4pm. So I took their advice and went to SS2 with hopes. I was surprised when I reached SS2 branch as there were not many customers. I saw a ang mo promoter there and quickly checked with her. Unfortunately she told me all iphone 4 at the branch has finished for that day and asked me to return on Sunday. I told her I can’t as I wouldn’t be in town on Sunday. Then she asked me to wait so that she can check for me. Too bad.. She returned with bad news! L I also asked the ang mo lady how come she can’t let me sign up on that day since there were not many customers. She mentioned that they have limited stock for each branch, many customers from Quill 9 came there too. These people were just like me. And they got the same answer too. According to the ang mo lady, those customers successfully registered were those who waited from 6.30am at DIGI’s doorstep.

I nearly gave up, pity Steven for accompanied (he reached Malaysia very late on Friday’s night and slept late then woke up early morning just to accompany me). So I suggested going for brunch (as both of us was rushing and skipped breakfast). We decided to go to Restaurant Paramount Garden.

It was 12pm by the time we finished makan, I told Steven i wanna try for a last chance. So Steven drove me over to Quill 9 again. But the promoters told me to come back by 330-4pm. The reason given was they will only distribute numbers at 4pm. So coincidently I saw Minny and her beloved hubby were there too. We went for drinks while waiting for time to pass.

By 3pm, we came back again. Very unfortunately, we were told by the promoter that they are not able to give out the number as there were still too many customers (1st batch) and they can’t promise if there is any iphone left by the 4pm. Walao!! I was so mad but control my temper. I mean what can I do? They suggested me to go to SOHO, Solaris. I was told that there were still have iphone left. I don’t know if I wanna trust them anymore. I was so tired and disappointed! However, Steven still drove me all the way from PJ to SOHO, Solaris.

Thanks God! I started to believe ‘never give up until your last breath’! When I heard the promoter said ‘YES, we still have iphone 4, 16GB’.. I was jumping here and there like a small little girl! Lol

It took about ½ hour for the whole process and I finally I got my long awaited iphone 4!!!

Because of this, I got a lesson. If you really looking forward for a particular thing, go as early as you can when there is having in such giant event / launching no matter how long you have to wait. You’ll feel that is so worth it when you really got the thing! The feeling is INDESCRIBABLE!!!

For those who got your iphone 4, I would like to congrats you and welcome to the iphone 4’s world! Enjoy your baby!! :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails