Saturday, December 19, 2009

I was being robbed again!!!

Yesterday supposed to a happy day. Mom is coming to KL to shopping with me & Joanne. But it turned to be an awful unlucky black Friday to me! I got robbed again! (This is my second time being robbed but this time was pickpocket). We were shopping in MNG boutique in Mid Valley Megamall, it was super packed with people inside the boutique. Because they are having clearance sales. I was carrying an unzip handbag that time and concentrated on ‘hunting’ for some nice pieces for myself and mom. I didn’t realize that my wallet has been stolen until a lady screamed louder to everyone that who is dropping their hand phone which is falling on the floor. I was looking at the hand phone and can’t even recognized that is actually my hand phone. Because the front of the hand phone was facing down, battery and the back cover was dispersed. And you know what I just changed this new phone that was why I am not really sure and recognized that is my phone. Maybe I am so used to my old hand phone. :(
It was until someone picked up the phone and I quickly grabbed that and checked my handbag. Then I realized that my wallet has disappeared! I was so shocked and my mouth kept on trembling when my sis and mom talked to me. The first thing my sis helped me to do is cancel my credit cards and also my ATM card. It wasn’t a lot of money inside my wallet as I don’t like to keep too much money in my wallet. But what make me slack was my important belongings such as my IC, driving license, etc. We did report this to the sales persons at the cashier, hoping that they could offer helps. Although I knew it was too late to catch the thief, but at least I need some advices from them what should I do. Surprisingly they seemed to be calmed and normal. No concern, no caring.. Not at all.. And told us that the CCTV is not ON during PH and weekends! If we want to see the CCTV, we have to write in to request. I pleaded to them, but to no avail. What is this? Can you accept these excuses? Sorry I can’t! I believ someone who has experienced the same thing as me and you will understand how i feel. I knew there is no point for arguing, things won’t be settled and it only will drag my time if i keep on arguing with them.

My mind was totally blank. All I can think is talk to the concierge department of the mall. They advised me to lodge a police report at the police station which is also at the same building. When we entered in the police station i noticed that there was a lady there which she also making a police report. Her case was exactly as me. I filled up a form from the mall concierge too, so that they could contact me if they found my wallet, etc. After everything is done, I did not go home straight. Instead I accompanied mom and sis to continue shopping as I doesn’t want my mom to came all the way from Seremban and go back with empty handed. Despite my heart still not feeling well but I tell myself no point to be upset as thing has been happened. With 2 similar bad experiences, I take it as a lesson. I learned to be extra pre-caution of keeping my belongings very safely when I go out next time.

Here I would like to advice all the readers of my blog to be extra alert with your handbag and important belongings. Especially go to the crowded places.

P/S: While talking to a person in-charged at the concierge, I noticed that there is a thick file filing with tons of paper in it. All are about things missing from customers, snatch theft, robbery, pickpocket cases, etc. The security was even telling me that this kind of cases happen in MNG very often, especially during sales and that is the reason MNG hired security guards to minimize the chances of robbery and snatch theft and pickpocket cases. But I can tell you this is pointless and never depend on them! Because they only stand at the entrance and won't do anything else. Very useless! The reason I am saying this is because, they didn’t offer any help and just stand there and looked at me when i told them i got robbed. Even my hand phone dropped infront of one of the security guard from the main entrance, he doesn’t even bother to check out or pick up the phone. It would be good for enforcement authorities to check on the mall once in a while. I am sure mine is not an isolated case. Good luck to all of you!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails