Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2011 New Year's Resolutions

As the old year ends and a new year starts, many people make new year resolutions. The start of a new year is a time for reflecting back on the previous year as well as a time for looking forward. I love the feeling of stating a fresh year and optimistically making a long list of things i want to accomplish.

In every countdown to new year, i would be thinking about the things i have achieved over the past year and the things i would like to achieve for the next. This year, not being exceptional.. I jotted down a list of goals but it looked like just another 'to-do' list in a never-ending succession of to-do lists that i could never quite complete (except for 1-2 goals). As age is catching up, my resolution list is getting shorter and shorter. Perhaps i have no emotional engagement in these goals anymore.. Maybe also lack of hopes..

This year i decided to focus on my emotion and internal motivations. I am asking myself: How do i want to feel? What do i want to be? Once i can identify it, i can make daily choices that steer me towards them. Adjectives rather than nouns and verbs. I don't want to make it too complicated and it stress me out!

Did you make any new year's resolutions or goals? If yes, what would they be?

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails