Thursday, May 6, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

9th May is Mother's Day.

I’m thankful that we have a day dedicated specially to all our beloved mothers. Thanks to Ann Jarvis, who created the Mother’s Day that we celebrate today. Actually, everyday can be Mother’s day as long as everyone in the family is happy together, but you know what? Mother’s day is another perfect excuse for us to go out and have a good feast and indulge a little.

It can be quite a headache when it comes to buying presents or thinking of ideas for Mother’s day celebration. Mothers being mothers, will always say: “It’s okay, save the money and don’t splurge on presents.” I used to ignore her and for sure will get her something. But nowadays i rather give her money, because i don't have time to go shopping due to my hectic workloads. I know this won't be very special as i will give her money every month. Hmm, at least something lor.


Me with my lovely mom at my uncle's old kopitiam during CNY 2010. Mom i love you forever!!


My mom is a great woman, she will always save the best for us. I will be no one without her. She is the most strongest women to me. She has been through so many hard things in life. But she still maintain her big sweet smile all the time. Because she doesn't want us to worry about her.

Mother’s Day is also the perfect excuse for us to express our appreciation to our Moms for their unfailing love for us. Though we can never repay mom for her love and sacrifice, we can show her how much we care by doing the things she does for us.


I am so thankful for having such a beautiful, supportive, giving mother!

I hope everyone has their own Mothers Day taylored to their own ideas of a perfect Sunday!



Quote of the day……
‘A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine, desert us when troubles thicken around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.’
Washington Irving

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails